The Contact form lists some of the most frequently asked questions and provides users with the opportunity to report anomalies, shortcomings and/or typos found in the indexing of registers, deeds, personal details and/or locations.
You are asked to report misprints, omissions and critical without sending multiple notifications of the same error.
Please do NOT use the form to:-
- ask for searches on both civil status and military records.
- ask for contact details of State Archives or other bodies (municipalities, dioceses, etc.);
- request the copies of certificates and matriculation sheets.
- ask about the planning and timing of the publication of the Archives or of specific Municipalities/Provinces.
- ask how to contribute and communicate any problems encountered with the Family Search site. It is possible to contribute to the indexing of the registers by participating in the projects on the Family Search Italian Projects page. If you have any problems with the registration and indexing process, please contact Family Search directly;
- ask how to download images.
- ask how to share their family stories. Work is underway to optimise the “Tell your story” section and to develop forms and templates for sharing stories.: when the feature is released, we will publicize it on the Portal and provide all the instructions.
- ask if and when it will be possible to recover the URLs of the old Portal, saved for personal searches, steps have been taken to ensure that old and new URLs are linked. When the functionality is available, it will be described and publicised on the Portal.
Thank you for your cooperation.