What information do we collect?
When requesting our services via our website or email, you will be asked to provide your name, email address and information about your ancestors. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Contact Forms: We collect information from you when you fill out a form on our site or email us directly. That information is held in our files and may be printed out in paper form in order to enable us to carry out the relevant research. You will be asked to sign a ‘delega’ and provide a copy of your photo identification. This will be printed out and provided to the various Italian authorities who require it.
Website comments: Commenting is enabled on our site, which involves collecting personal data like your name and email address. After commenting on our website, personal data is also saved in browser cookies, so commenters don’t have to resubmit them next time.
Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics on our WordPress site to track user interactions, which could involve collecting personal data like IP addresses, user IDs, and cookies for behavior profiling.
Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of data stored in text files that are saved on your computer or other devices when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to remember you and your preferences, either for a single visit or for multiple repeat visits. You can learn more about them and how to manage them in internetcookies.com
- We use necessary cookies that allow us to offer you the best possible experience when accessing and navigating through our Website and using its features.
- Analytical cookies that enable us and third party services to collect aggregated data for statistical purposes on how our visitors use the Website. These cookies do not contain personal information such as names and email addresses and are used to help us improve your user experience of the Website.
- Third party cookies from social media sites (such as Facebook, Twitter, etc) let us track social network users when they visit or use the Website and Services, or share content, by using a tagging mechanism provided by those social networks. These cookies are also used for event tracking and remarketing purposes. Any data collected with these tags will be used in accordance with our and social networks’ privacy policies. We will not collect or share any personally identifiable information from the user.
What do we use your information for?
The information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To conduct the research on your family history
- To make contact with you regarding this research & to send our annual newsletter
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, just let us know.
- To profile cases on our website. AT NO TIME will identifying information be used such as surnames (last names) or photos of living relatives, including yourself, without your direct permission.
At any time you have the right to request information about your personal data that we hold and the right to request that that information be deleted.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when we access your personal information.
Do we disclose information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
Acceptance of this policy
You acknowledge that you have read this Policy and agree to all its terms and conditions. By accessing and using the Website and Services you agree to be bound by this Policy. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Policy, you are not authorized to access or use the Website and Services.